Sunday, August 9, 2009

What do I do if someone is sending spam under my gmail account name from yahoo servers?

I have received an e-mail and the sender is my own g-mail account but I don't send spam and it says the mail originated from a yahoo server, this is a link to the picture: http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z318/... any ideas on what to do?
What do I do if someone is sending spam under my gmail account name from yahoo servers?
I have had the same problem of my own email address sending me spam, all that is happening is that the spammers are trying to get round your spam blocking software. If you were to look at the full header you would see that it is a spoofed email address, which is what Yahoo would tell you if you contacted them ,your email address will not be spamming other people so no need to prove you are innocent . Very little you can do but delete the email.


The origan of these emails is Korea, although they do set up any links to look very American. In most cases any products they are selling do not exist they are just after your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment